So as always, the F word was on my mind, and I decided to give you ladies some advice on it. (I’m talking fashion, ladies. Behave)
Now, as we all know, the fashion industry is seen as very pretentious: if you're not on trend or not wearing "the right thing," then it's seen as a terrible thing! Well I’m asking you, please take that idea out of your head. Fashion and style is about experimentation and self-discovery!
Here are some ways to start that road to your personal style:
1. Make it your own. Whether it is a Mickey Mouse printed jumper or a 2.55 Chanel bag, the main thing is to make the whole look yours and yours only. A very simple way of doing this, is to not give a damn about people’s thoughts. To be honest, I can even picture the jumper and then bag together in an #OOTD. Think I’m crazy? Well, (in the kindest way) I don’t care, if I owned any of those pieces, I would.
2. Review your closet. With this I mean, go through all of your clothes, and in case you’re having problems figuring out what style you like best/feel better in, then the answer should lay in your clothes (but it probably lays on your floor, because that’s basically our closet, right?). If you have a bit of everything and can’t quite figure it out yet: congrats! This means you can have even more fun mixin’ and matchin’.
Now, if you did manage to find at least 60% of a distinguished style or already know what yours is, take pictures and send it to us! We would love to see your individual style (who knows, maybe it will show up in one of our posts. Following us wouldn't hurt either: @thesparkpost. But don’t play it safe, think outside the box and try new things, as well. Style is all about experimentation!
3. It’s the little things (hair, make-up, jewelry, nails, etc…) that play a *huge* part in fashion, and they’re probably the cheapest way to change up a whole look. Tired of that same shade of lipstick? Maybe you’ve been thinking about bringing the bangs back? Having pastel hair? Or today you simply feel like putting on all your necklaces at once, because you can, and layering jewelry is also trendy right now. All these things can make your mood change, believe or not; and let’s not forget how your outfit will improve!
4. Don’t fear the unknown. Fashion is definitely a form of art, and to be, feel, and look artistic you should take risks, and my advice for this one is to try new things out. The worst thing that can happen is that you won’t like it, and that’s it; and if someone tells you they don’t like your new look, thank them for their opinion, kindly move on, and do what you feel comfortable and happy in.
5. Know your shape. We all have different ones and while I still think my own statement “fashion for everyone” is true, there are some things we should avoid according to our shapes and sizes. I recommend you do your research on your own and take it into consideration so that later on you can follow the ideas you’ve gathered and start looking and feeling better! I could give you my tips but that can be a whole other post; or if you want, you can find me on Twitter and Instagram as @alesanchzm, I’d love to answer your questions!
Alright lovelies, that’s gonna be it for me today. And remember, at the end of the day the only person you’ll be “when you grow up” is you; so make yourself your own role model, make things happen for yourself and your own happiness!
Thanks for reading, see you next time!